The only sport I played growing up was piano. I learned a great deal from my piano teachers. But because I missed out on more traditional sports (for many reasons, which I won’t bore you with today), I never had the opportunity to experience coaching until I entered the workforce after college graduation. My first [...]
Today is Administrative Professional’s Day. If you work in a role related to administration in any office, we know that you often wear a dozen hats in your organization. For those of you working in other professional capacities, your work is often enhanced by working with an administrative professional in your office. Even those of [...]
Give us your “Elevator” Speech—WHO are you and WHAT do you do for a “living”. And how should we “know” you? I like to say that I am a renaissance woman whose current mode of creating a living is with photography. I don’t like to be defined by what I do to make money, but [...]
It usually happens after lunch, which makes it even more difficult to bear because I’m already fighting off a post-lunch food coma. The lights are dimmed. The iPhone is silenced. A microphone is tapped in the front of the room. The speaker is introduced. By about five slides in (usually less), I can tell that [...]
Here are my recommendations for iPhone apps, gleaned from my experience as a woman who has a lot to balance: work, home, family, friends, and everything else. I’ve categorized them into two groups: business and leisure. Please feel free to respond with your favorites; I’m always on the lookout for more iPhone apps that can [...]
Two months before marrying the man of my dreams, I thought I was having a nervous breakdown. We’d just moved from Manhattan to the Boston area and I’d decided to use that opportunity to change careers. By my fourth day in my new job as a technical recruiter, it was clear that I wasn’t going [...]
Instead of YOUR TURN this week, we’re featuring our first interview for our new Women in Business blog feature. We’ll be taking the second Wednesday of each month to highlight a woman in business. This week, we’re speaking with Fabienne Christenson, of Possets Perfume. You probably saw her article Six Ways to Appreciate Scent, in [...]
About All Things Girl
Our mission at All Things Girl is to allow women a place to showcase their stuff - their artwork, photography, poetry, prose, articles on health, reviews, thoughts on business, creative endeavours and so much more. Our goal is to create a high quality, fun and diverse ezine.
Sign up for our Newsletter
- Cover Girl Stephenie Meyer: An Interview (Part One) with Deb Smouse 02. May, 2008
- Live Alone and Like It The Classic Guide for the Single Woman 30. Jun, 2008
- My Plan to Thrive while I Deal with Grief this Holiday Season 29. Nov, 2011
- Life, Love and Lesson Plans by Wynn Godbold 15. Feb, 2011
- Under the Bed by Jody Keisner 14. Feb, 2013
- The Mighty Kymm’s Deep Cuts: Before Midnight 23. May, 2013
- Happier & Healthier Living: Sandwich Generation 19. May, 2013
- The Gypsy Girl’s Guide to Atlanta, GA 17. May, 2013
- Habitation: Ditching Drama as a Lifestyle 15. May, 2013
- Man on Monday: Brian Plautz of Chroma 13. May, 2013
- Penny Luker: Thanks Jodie I couldn't agree more. We need more ...
- Jody: Thanks Penny. I enjoyed reading this. A lot. W...
- Jody: Thanks Margaret. I agree. We women do have a deep ...
- Margaret: Really great read, Jody. Our relationships with w...
- Elizabeth Rago: Thanks, Roxanne. I am so happy I am on my side now...