I began replacing “resolutions” in 2007 with guiding words for focus. I chose three little words in 2007 and they changed my whole life. My world opened up. I transformed. Every year since that time, I have chosen one to three words to serve as my guiding principles for the year. My life continued to [...]
I believe it’s important to start each day fresh. There is something to be said for allowing the desire for positivity in your life to win out over the negatives of past experiences. Countless self-improvement books and life coaches will tell you that in order to lead a conscious and fulfilled life you must focus [...]
I’ve seen more growth in myself this past month than I saw all last year. It’s a bold statement to make, of that I am quite well aware. However, the results of some extensive woolgathering in preparation for writing this column have shown me that it’s not only a fair assessment, but a point of [...]
February is the time of hearts. We see it in the grocery stores and on commercials “Give your “heart” for Valentine’s Day. For the romantics, Valentines Day is a time of flowers and romance and for the cynics, it is a red and pink hallmark holiday. Women, as early as junior high, seem to find [...]
As the close of 2008 approaches, I am beginning to look back at the progression of my life as well as look forward as to what I want to accomplish in 2009. Every fiber of my being believes that the words I chose this year to guide me was one of the most positive things [...]
One of the quotes on my vision board is “Do Something that Scares You,” so last month I did just that. I invested money into the branding of my business and gave a fresh face to the on-line projects that are important to me. I had professional portraits made. In the age of digital cameras [...]
I swore to myself that I would not allow another issue of ATG to publishing without my column. But here I sit on June 29th at a lovely outside café enjoying a little Thai food (please forgive the lemon sauce) while the eighth or ninth draft of my July column winds its way from my [...]
by Debra Smouse on 03. Apr, 2008 in Uncategorized
One of my words for 2008 is Passion and I sent a portion of Saturday simply indulging in a passion of mine: a lust for vintage airplanes. I went to a museum near my home that housed a B17 (Flying Fortress)….lovingly restored to flying condition rather than “static” as most planes in museums tend to [...]
It tends to come and go at moments when I least expect it….at moments when it is quiet around me – and I am alone driving…..or in the middle of a crowd queuing up to gain entry to some place I must go to. It’s emotional in many ways…and I feel like a child who [...]
About All Things Girl
Our mission at All Things Girl is to allow women a place to showcase their stuff - their artwork, photography, poetry, prose, articles on health, reviews, thoughts on business, creative endeavours and so much more. Our goal is to create a high quality, fun and diverse ezine.
Sign up for our Newsletter
- Cover Girl Stephenie Meyer: An Interview (Part One) with Deb Smouse 02. May, 2008
- Live Alone and Like It The Classic Guide for the Single Woman 30. Jun, 2008
- My Plan to Thrive while I Deal with Grief this Holiday Season 29. Nov, 2011
- Life, Love and Lesson Plans by Wynn Godbold 15. Feb, 2011
- Under the Bed by Jody Keisner 14. Feb, 2013
- With or Without You, A Memoir by Domenica Ruta 13. Jun, 2013
- The Mighty Kymm Recaps the Tony Awards 10. Jun, 2013
- Sunday Brunch: Notes from Baja Sur 09. Jun, 2013
- The Mighty Kymm’s Deep Cuts: Little Annie Roonie 06. Jun, 2013
- Habitation: C’est Manifique Les Mantiques 05. Jun, 2013
- Penny Luker: I'd not heard of this book, but it sounds interest...
- Roxanne: I missed the very beginning of the show, but saw t...
- Cathy: Laughed myself sick reading this, thanks for watch...
- Danielle Driscoll: Oh, wow! What a great find. I'm sure every time ...
- Anneke at This, That and Life: This is so true! I love the old fire extinguisher ...