The first haunted house I ever visited was the brainchild of a local Boy Scouts troop. My Brownie troop leaders must have thought that we Brownies would have good, clean, wholesome fun. Later, I would come to realize three key mistakes my troop leaders made. It turns out that the first mistake was assuming that […]
When I was in high school it wasn’t an unusual occurrence for a guy to stare at a girl’s breasts and gleefully exclaim, “How ‘bout them apples?” Then some jerk would invariably look at me and say, “How ‘bout them grapes?” Instead of making a joke about the offender’s anatomy that closely resembled a pencil, […]
I was in the midst of my first serious post-college relationship when my mother wondered aloud if I was a lesbian. “But I’m dating a man,” I stammered, even though she had met him. “We went out last night.” My mother and I were snuggled on a floral loveseat in my parents’ living room, our […]
I had a hunch I knew who the student was from his doe-eyed stares in class. Evaluations were supposed to be anonymous, but I recognized his handwriting, too: “I’ve got it bad, so bad. I’m hot for teacher!” I stared at the teaching evaluation where he had scrawled Van Halen’s sexually charged lyrics. Had the […]
When I was a teenager I had a gangly body that was too clumsy for dribbling basketballs or spiking volleyballs, but I could run. My father took me out onto the country roads that surrounded the small Nebraska town where we lived, and I ran alongside his truck. Cupping his hands over his mouth like […]
“the human race little knows all the sadness it causes in the insect world” Don Marquis Laura Blumenthal could tell you stories about cliff diving into the Colorado River, flying 235 feet into the air on “The Space Shot” at Adventureland, para-sailing over Lake Michigan, and flinging herself into the Texas Gulf Coast from a […]
What is your sexual history anyway except scraps that expand when immersed in memory… -Bernard Cooper, “Make it Good” Hundreds of kisses and over half a dozen suitors later, I remember my first romantic kiss like it was last night. According to scientists from the University of Toronto, you remember yours, too. First kisses, like […]
At nighttime, after I’ve kissed my daughter and settled her into her crib, I get on my hands and knees and peer underneath my bed. I’ve been looking under the bed for sixteen years. It’s a hard habit to break. “Are you looking for the bogeyman?” my husband jokes. He’s not far off. Bedtime would […]
About All Things Girl
Our mission at All Things Girl is to allow women a place to showcase their stuff - their artwork, photography, poetry, prose, articles on health, reviews, thoughts on business, creative endeavours and so much more. Our goal is to create a high quality, fun and diverse ezine.
- Cover Girl Stephenie Meyer: An Interview (Part One) with Deb Smouse 02. May, 2008
- Live Alone and Like It The Classic Guide for the Single Woman 30. Jun, 2008
- My Plan to Thrive while I Deal with Grief this Holiday Season 29. Nov, 2011
- Conversations Over Coffee: Sue Ann Gleason 24. Dec, 2013
- Life, Love and Lesson Plans by Wynn Godbold 15. Feb, 2011
- ATG Review: I’ll Be Seeing You 06. Mar, 2014
- The Mighty Kymm Recaps the Oscars 2014 03. Mar, 2014
- Sunday Salon: Holding On to Stories 02. Mar, 2014
- The Mighty Kymm’s Deep Cuts: Life Itself 27. Feb, 2014
- Happier & Healthier Living: The Quest for Happiness 26. Feb, 2014
- Maureen: Your recap was excellent, as usual! I'm glad I fou...
- Mary Jane: This is the first All Things Girl piece I have rea...
- Jenine: Whenever I have missed an Oscars night I have reli...
- Bev: I always love your recaps. I thought those Oscars...
- Kathy Grey: VERY NICE!...