I want to paint my nails. My mother says no. She says the look is stupid, that I’m only ten. She does not understand my urgent craving for the magical shades of glittering red and pink, brushes that transform dull beige into a shimmering rainbow.
The bedroom walls were covered with posters of fantasy drawings. Clothes were hung from doors and draped over chairs. Make-up spilled from jars and pots and colourful jewellery decorated every surface.
For the longest time I loved you. And hated you. Actually, it was more of an envy. ‘Cause day in and day out boys liked me but wanted you. Week after week I was cute but you were hot. Back then I was pretty sure cute was a four letter word.
The lengthening hours mourn a solemn cry through the night air;
darkening shadows lending themselves across the land.
Unable to cling any longer,
They lazily pirouette to the ground
With flashy ribbons of color
Golden yellows, rich reds, burnt orange
The tea kettle whistles
its wake-up call,
tea fills the mug,
About All Things Girl
Our mission at All Things Girl is to allow women a place to showcase their stuff - their artwork, photography, poetry, prose, articles on health, reviews, thoughts on business, creative endeavours and so much more. Our goal is to create a high quality, fun and diverse ezine.
Sign up for our Newsletter
- Cover Girl Stephenie Meyer: An Interview (Part One) with Deb Smouse 02. May, 2008
- Live Alone and Like It The Classic Guide for the Single Woman 30. Jun, 2008
- My Plan to Thrive while I Deal with Grief this Holiday Season 29. Nov, 2011
- Life, Love and Lesson Plans by Wynn Godbold 15. Feb, 2011
- Under the Bed by Jody Keisner 14. Feb, 2013
- Happier & Healthier Living: Sandwich Generation 19. May, 2013
- The Gypsy Girl’s Guide to Atlanta, GA 17. May, 2013
- Habitation: Ditching Drama as a Lifestyle 15. May, 2013
- Man on Monday: Brian Plautz of Chroma 13. May, 2013
- Sunday Brunch: Apostrophic Mother’s Day 12. May, 2013
- Margaret: Really great read, Jody. Our relationships with w...
- Elizabeth Rago: Thanks, Roxanne. I am so happy I am on my side now...
- Elizabeth Rago: And high fives! E...
- Elizabeth Rago: No, YOU! :) xoxoxoxoxo E...
- chimomwriter: Amen!...