Our readers may recognize your name, your voice, or your face – if not all three – but tell us a bit about who you are, and how you got where you are today. I guess my musical/theatrical journey began the first time I watched The Wizard of Oz. I was really little, and every [...]
I would definitely say you must have perserverance!!! Never give up no matter what people may tell you, there are roles out there for you. You don’t have to feel the need to look a certain way or be a certain age, God has a plan for all of us. Be the best you can be!
If you’re a fan of the NBC Series Chuck you may recognize our cover girl Mekenna Melvin from her role as Alex McHugh, but she is more than just a pretty face. This graduate of the American Academy of the Dramatic Arts overcame a childhood learning disability to become a successful actor.
If you are a reader, you may recognize the name Raymond Khoury from his novel The Last Templar. Born in Beirut as the youngest of three, his family moved to Rye, NY. He returned to Lebanon to study architecture at the American University of Beirut. The civil war erupted again a few weeks after he [...]
My day consists of prying myself out of bed around 7am and getting ready to go to school. I spend four hours teaching music to students that are have been described as sharks (they love young blood). I come home and study music scores and plan lessons for at least two hours… All for free. [...]
There are so many beautiful women in my life who excel in event planning and have mastered their domestic duties. From easy breezy barbecues and couture get-togethers to organized closets and volunteer extraordinaires, I often stand in awe, knowing I posses the passion to create a positive ambiance in my home. And while I long [...]
I began replacing “resolutions” in 2007 with guiding words for focus. I chose three little words in 2007 and they changed my whole life. My world opened up. I transformed. Every year since that time, I have chosen one to three words to serve as my guiding principles for the year. My life continued to [...]
On December 17, 1922, Andre Citroen sent an expedition of Citroen half tracks (also known as autochenilles) to follow the camel tracks across the Sahara desert from Algeria to Timbuktu on the banks of the River Niger. It was the first time anyone had attempted to cross the great desert by automobile, and while the [...]
There is a reason that standing at the edge of the ocean is so romantic and so refreshing. The beautiful sense of awe gained from watching the enormous body constantly changing and shifting. The whole ocean world is rearranged every second, yet it is always one world. The water is a carrier of energy; it [...]
Last summer, my husband and I spent a week in South Dakota at our nephew’s wedding. On the fourteen-hour drive home, I pointed out that we still hadn’t been to the Laura Ingalls Wilder sites in Missouri or Kansas, or even Wisconsin (even though we once took a wrong turn going from Sioux Falls to [...]
About All Things Girl
Our mission at All Things Girl is to allow women a place to showcase their stuff - their artwork, photography, poetry, prose, articles on health, reviews, thoughts on business, creative endeavours and so much more. Our goal is to create a high quality, fun and diverse ezine.
Sign up for our Newsletter
- Cover Girl Stephenie Meyer: An Interview (Part One) with Deb Smouse 02. May, 2008
- Live Alone and Like It The Classic Guide for the Single Woman 30. Jun, 2008
- My Plan to Thrive while I Deal with Grief this Holiday Season 29. Nov, 2011
- Life, Love and Lesson Plans by Wynn Godbold 15. Feb, 2011
- Under the Bed by Jody Keisner 14. Feb, 2013
- The Mighty Kymm’s Deep Cuts: Before Midnight 23. May, 2013
- Happier & Healthier Living: Sandwich Generation 19. May, 2013
- The Gypsy Girl’s Guide to Atlanta, GA 17. May, 2013
- Habitation: Ditching Drama as a Lifestyle 15. May, 2013
- Man on Monday: Brian Plautz of Chroma 13. May, 2013
- Jody: Thanks Penny. I enjoyed reading this. A lot. W...
- Jody: Thanks Margaret. I agree. We women do have a deep ...
- Margaret: Really great read, Jody. Our relationships with w...
- Elizabeth Rago: Thanks, Roxanne. I am so happy I am on my side now...
- Elizabeth Rago: And high fives! E...