The official start of summer is just around the corner. Next week, we’ll experience the longest day of the year when the Summer Solstice arrives.
I’m hearing tales from friends all over the US about vacation plans, kids out of school, rising temperatures and the polishing of toes for spectacular summer sandals. Personally, I’ve played my first round of golf this season. I’m heading out on the bike for morning rides. And am gorging on beautiful local strawberries.
At home, you’ll find me embracing my own summer rituals. In the early mornings (and on cooler nights) we’re opening the windows to allow fresh summer air to bathe the house. The breezes bring along the soft sounds of birds, crickets, and frogs. I’m placing cut flowers in vases all over the house to bring a bit of summer indoors. You’ll also find me digging back into de-cluttering my spaces.
De-cluttering your physical space is the perfect beginning to dive into summer within your heart and home.
It also brings me an amazing peace of mind and boosts my productivity and creativity!
18 Spectacular Reasons to De-clutter Your Home For Spring
- As you prepare for a new season, cleaning and de-cluttering allows your soul to shift.
- Everyone living in your home can more easily make the transition to a new season when living in a clean space.
- Everything has energy and you can renew your energy by removing excess.
- Pockets of clutter distract you from living your best life.
- Life crystallizes when your physical space is in order.
- In order to make space in your life for the new and brilliant to come in – you have to release the old and crusty.
- You begin to fall in love with your life when you home is a space in which you can relax.
- When your surroundings are serene, your soul will be able to create.
- Every time you open a drawer and have to look for something, your mind refocuses. It turns to the task of finding scissors and distracts you from writing that chapter of your book, that blog post, that sales letter or the perfect line of a song
- When energy is consistently flowing out to things that don’t really matter or to things that distract you, you have to play tricks in order to get by. You have to “get more” things to keep your energy up.
- It’s challenging to live your best life when you are surrounded by too much stuff.
- A clean house provides a better environment for reading, thinking and dreaming.
- Cleaning is good exercise. The physical removal of excess items in your life – old computers, clothes that don’t fit, and unused appliances – is even better exercise.
- Having an organized, sanitized, sparkling clean kitchen can help you make healthier eating choices. Especially with all the awesome fruits and veggies in the summer!
- As you deep clean your home, you can make a list of repairs that need to done. Summer is the perfect time for DIY projects around the house.
- Cleaning out your closet gives you an opportunity to evaluate what you need to flaunt your style this summer.
- It’s easier to connect to your heart – instead of being distracted by mess and clutter.
- Socializing with friends is easier when you don’t have to hustle and bustle to clean your house for company. When you want to throw a party, you’ll just need to give the house a lick and a promise.
Do you want to get your space in order? Want to shed stuff? Want to clean some nooks and crannies without overwhelm and exhaustion?
Join me – and some of the other ATG Staff members – for 30 Days to Clarity: Clutter Busting Edition (Summer Loving!) .
Each day of the program, you’ll get an inspirational note with a task designed to take 30 minutes or less.
Together, we will get things streamlined, de-cluttered, and organized in small, steady doses. This approach allows us to slowly add routines and build a momentum of organization, without the exhaustion at the end. It also adds to – instead of draining – your precious energy.
Getting clear in your life by dealing with all sizes of clutter will allow you to direct your precious energy to living full engaged.
Class begins on June 17th. The Course can be done as a 100% DIY for only $27 – or bundled with a single coaching session for $97.
Summer loving. It’s going to be a blast!
((Rubber Gloves: Optional. Unless you’re stylish like that!)